forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Sten Aksel Heien <...@objectnet.no>
Subject Re: [RFC] xhtml-css skin
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2004 14:51:38 GMT
Hi Marshall

Great job, now we only need to start outputting real XHTML documents :-)

BUG:
* In Opera 7.21 the Search box is located in the bottom of the page on
top of the "Last Published"-text.

FEATURE-REQUEST:
To be more similar to the older skins (the "skin contract" ?) and keep
in sync with comment in top of the site2xhtml.xsl file, you should maybe
keep the merged XML form to have div like:

<site>
</site>

and add id attibute (and maybe remove the class attribute).

One more thing:
One nice feature used in many web sites is to center the whole body
content ("margins"). One easy way is to use a "wrapper" (aka: design
pattern "decorator") like this:
    <xsl:call-template name="topStrip" />
    <xsl:call-template name="centerStrip"/>
    <xsl:call-template name="bottomStrip"/>