forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Roch <marsh...@exclupen.com>
Subject Re: [RFC] xhtml-css skin
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2004 05:13:25 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Marshall Roch wrote:
 >>One thing I noticed is that Forrest site's
>>skinconf has a period after "Apache Software Foundation".  I added a
>>period in the skin, so now there are two.  It should be removed from
>>skinconf.
>

> It has been in the skinconf.xml since the beginning, so if we
> change it now then everyone's project will get double-dots.
> Perhaps the skinconf.xml for your test Forrest site is wrong.

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-forrest/src/documentation/skinconf.xml?annotate=1.14#97

(line 97)

I would say that the period in skinconf.xml is counter-intuitive.  The
period is part of the copyright statement, not the vendor name itself,
so it should be in the skin.

I know this is a BC-break, but if people are going to change skins, they
can probably change this too.  Also, pre-1.0 is the best time to fix this.

--
Marshall Roch