forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RFC] xhtml-css skin
Date Sat, 17 Jan 2004 04:05:45 GMT
Marshall Roch wrote:
> If people could take a look, perhaps even trying it on their projects,
> I'd really like the feedback.  Any browser bugs, missing features, or
> other things of that nature.
>
> Demo:
> http://www.exclupen.com/misc/forrest/xhtml-css/index.html

No time to look on my own stuff right now but I took a look at the demo
for the first time - GREAT!!

Some personal comments (and I appreciate most of these can be changed in
CSS):

- Default font looks horid on my machine (netscape on gnome) -
personally I much prefer the current default

- too much white space between text items (of all types)

- how would you recomend two layer tabs should be displayed?

- tabs give no visual feedback when you mouseover them like other links do

- some external links are missing the external link graphic (not sure if
this happens in current skin) - see "powerful" section for examples,
e.g. Apache Batik is missing graphic, but Cocoon Sitemap has it

- not 4.01 compliant (Line 2, column 15:  there is no attribute "XML

Ross