forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Koberg <>
Subject Re: configuring Catalog Entity Resolver with XML editors
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2004 16:02:08 GMT
David Crossley wrote:

> There is a new document at Forrest to provide tips for
> configuring the catalog entity resolver to find local
> copies of the DTDs.
> Please provide any hints for configuration of your
> favourite XML editor or IDE. I will gather from the
> mail list and add them in.
> I have already added "system catalogs", xmllint, onsgmls,
> and jEdit.

In OxygenXml you go to the Option Menu > Preference and click on Catalog
  Resolver and then click the New button to set a new resolver.

Oxygen is my favorite editor (not free but not expensive) out there for
a couple of reasons:
- 1 license can be used across platforms and with its Ecplipse plugin
(across platforms)
- basically it is a wrapper for most of the latest XML apps

there are many more benefits:

(no affiliation with them)

> --David

View raw message