forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Roch <marsh...@exclupen.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal] add DTDs to Apache website
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2004 05:13:40 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> The solution
> ------------
> Place the document-v* DTDs and supporting files on the Forrest website
> and keep them up-to-date with Forrest CVS.

Seems like an awfully lot of work for a very small gain.  You've
convinced me that it's not worth the effort to get the DTDs online.  See
below.

> Add an HTML page to explain that there are better solutions and that
> this is only a fall-back solution.

You mention that most XML tools can use the catalog resolver.  I assume
those are just Java tools like Eclipse and JEdit, and that other XML
tools have their own built-in catalog resolvers.

If this is the case, putting up documentation about how to configure the
most common editors to work with Forrest would be all that's needed to
make me happy.  The only reason it's a problem for me is because I don't
know how to set up the catalog resolver in Eclipse.

Also, once we switch to XHTML2, will we be able to use the W3C's URI?

--
Marshall Roch