forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PLAN] Move to XHTML2 in V0.7
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2004 15:30:55 GMT
Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>> What does this mean?
>>
>> * the *base* document format will be XHTML2, instead of DocumentDTD.
>> * the documents will be validated with RelaxNG as the spec has such a
>> schema.
>>
>> I also suggest that we change the format of our skins, so that in 0.7
>> we can keep both skin formats and switch based on the fact that a skin
>> file exists or not.
>>
>> Now we have (for html output):
>>
>>  skins/skinname/xslt/html/book2menu.xsl
>>                          /document2html.xsl
>>                          /site2xhtml.xsl
>>                          /tab2menu.xsl
>>
>> I propose that, as has already been suggested, we change to a single
>> transformation file:
>>
>>  skins/skinname/xslt/html/xhtml2-html.xsl
>>
>> Rationale:
>>
>> * usually book2menu.xml and tab2menu.xsl are minimal
>> * the path transformations done with stylesheets can be done
>>   better with a transformer
>> * splitting document2html and site2xhtml transformations does
>>   not add speed
>> * splitting stylesheets can be done with <import>s
>>
>> Comments?
>>
> +1 Sorry for my delay... I have got 300 messages from forrest to read.. :-9

I'm in a similar position, and am also +1.

I'd also like to see the removal of tabs.xml in version 0.7. However,
since there is a dependency between site.xml and tabs.xml this is no
small job. Perhaps the first stage is to dynamically create tabs.xml
from site.xml, later (0.8?) we can remove the dependencies.

Any problems with this?

Ross