forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Roch <marsh...@exclupen.com>
Subject Re: [NOTE] Skin status update
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2004 21:50:51 GMT
Clay Leeds wrote:
> I just took a look with the following browsers under Mac OS X 10.3.2,
> and it looks *great* under each of them:
>
> - Safari

This is surprising, and good news!  Both Safari and Konq are based on
KHTML, so I figured it would be just as messed up. :-D

> - Mozilla 1.5
> - Mozilla Firebird 0.7.1
> - Camino (Mozilla-related) 0.7
>
> If there are certain "problem" areas you'd like me to look at, let me
> know. I don't know if there's a "suite" of tests to be run, but I'd be
> happy to take a look with my Mac. I might also be able to test in other
> Mac versions of browsers like iCab, Opera and OmniWeb.

IIRC, iCab and OmniWeb have horrible CSS support, so I know it's not
going to work well there, but their userbase is so small and they must
be used to butchered layouts by now that I'm not sure it's worth the
extra bandwidth to add CSS hacks.

Thanks for taking a look!

--
Marshall Roch