forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Roch <marsh...@exclupen.com>
Subject Re: Expanding and collapsing submenus
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2004 21:29:00 GMT
Justus H. Piater wrote:
> There's one common and practical structure that I miss (or correct me
> if this has been added since Forrest 0.5.1):
>
>   Menus whose hierarchies are mostly hidden, except for the
>   subhierarchy to which the current page belongs.
>
> This is like Forrest's default configuration, except that the latter
> always displays all subhierarchies. Naturally, to enter into a
> subhierarchy, the top-level heading should be a live link (that links
> to the same page as the first link of the subhierarchy).

This sounds similar to what I was trying to do:
http://issues.cocoondev.org/jira/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=FOR-91

The solution I ended up going with is creating book.xml in every
directory to manually create the navigation.  It's not as painful as it
sounds, but I know it's possible through the skin, if only I was better
at XSL. :)

--
Marshall Roch