forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Roch <marsh...@exclupen.com>
Subject Re: Automatic corners AKA why I needed the colors in skinconf
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2004 21:24:54 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>   <xsl:import href = "corner-imports.svg.xslt" />
>   <xsl:template name="figure">
>     <g transform="translate(0.5 0.5)">
>       <ellipse cx="{$smallersize}"
>                cy="{$smallersize}"
>                rx="{$smallersize}"
>                ry="{$smallersize}"
>                style="{$fill}{$stroke}stroke-width:1"/>
>         </g>
>   </xsl:template>

I've never played with SVG before, so tell me if this is possible.

The "whs" skin (or whatever we call it) needs 2 different tab images:

The left side has the rounded corner and a line going vertically down
70px or so to allow for resizing.  The background must be supplied for
the area outside the rounded corner, and the inside must be transparent
to let the tab color show through.  The background has to be set so that
it covers up the line in the right image (read on).

The right side is a mirror image of the left, with a horizontal line
extending toward the left to make the top border of the tab.

The need for a background color can be eliminated, but it creates some
"dead space" that is not a link on the right side of the tab underneath
the curve.  If that's acceptable, this sounds like a non-issue.

--
Marshall Roch