forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Koberg <...@koberg.com>
Subject Re: Doctype resolution (was Re: XInclude Problems)
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2004 02:58:44 GMT
David Crossley wrote:

> Marshall Roch wrote:
>
>>David Crossley wrote:
>>
>>>Why don't you use the Catalog Entity Resolver with Eclipse?
>>
>>I didn't realize such a thing exists.  I'll look into it, thanks. :)
>

> The thing is used by the core of Forrest and Cocoon.
> http://xml.apache.org/forrest/your-project.html#adding_new_content_type
> http://xml.apache.org/forrest/validation.html
>
> I don't use eclipse, so cannot help. Ditto for JEdit.

I use the Oxygen XML editor plugin in eclipse. It is not free but not
expensive (and they have an academic license -- less expensive still).
The license gets you something that runs standalone or in eclipse on
several platforms. You can assign a resolver there (or standalone, which
is slightly better). I have moved from XMLSpy (windows only) to Oxygen
(mulitplatform) and have been very happy with it (not truly ecstatic, as
with most software). You can validate with XML Schema or RNG (or the
ancient DTD, if you must...). you can setup transformations with the
aforementioned commons resolver. You can check it out for a month for
free (I have no affiliation with them):

http://www.oxygenxml.com/

best,
-Rob