forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Roch <marsh...@exclupen.com>
Subject Re: [NOTE] Skin status update
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2004 20:35:59 GMT
Sten Aksel Heien wrote:
>> *whs
>>
>> New skin with a very clean look. Still to be committed but very
>> promising.
>
> I agree ! This skin should perhaps be used as basis for a new xhtml skin
> (which I would like very much)?

I've updated the skin (tentatively renamed to "xhtml-css") that adds the
most obvious missing features back in and some bug-fixes:

- Group logo
- Search box
- Compliancy logos
- New nav style that looks better with multiple sections
- Fixed some IE problems caused by floating the nav bar

Tested in:

- IE6/Win
- Mozilla Firebird 0.7/Mozilla Suite 1.5
- Netscape 7.02/Mozilla 1.0
- Konqueror
- Opera 7

Tests in other browsers would be appreciated.

Known issues:

- Netscape 7/Mozilla 1.0 position tabs and search box wrong (still usable)
- Opera 7 displays the absolute-positioned search box at the bottom of
the page, instead of at the bottom of the relatively-positioned
container div like it should.
- Konqueror (and therefore perhaps Safari) totally butcher the top of
the page.  I'm working on a fix.

See it at: http://www.exclupen.com/misc/forrest/xhtml-css/
Download it at: http://www.exclupen.com/misc/forrest/xhtml-css-0.5.zip

--