forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Roch <marsh...@exclupen.com>
Subject Forrest for a newspaper
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2004 16:36:50 GMT
Hi all,

My school's newspaper wants to publish their articles online.  Ideally,
I'd like to have it all be part of Forrest, to keep a consistent look
and feel, and to have only one skin to maintain.  I'm looking for any
pointers about the best way to go about this.

Info:
- Editions are published about once a month.
- Each edition has 5 sections.
- Each section has numeous articles.
- Each edition has an index page that lists top stories in that edition.
- Each section has an index page that lists all stories in that section.

We will be creating a web-based administration interface in PHP.  We
were thinking that the articles could be stored in wiki format, and the
index pages (which list all of the articles in each category) could be
generated by an RSS feed.

Does this setup sound feasible?  Maybe there's already something that
would work for this, perhaps a customized Cocoon Wiki?

Comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated, thanks!

--
Marshall Roch