forrest-dev mailing list archives

From phid...@mindspring.com
Subject XInclude Problems
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2004 17:43:04 GMT
I'm trying to do something which on the surface appears fairly easy.  I want to include some
project-related information found on other servers in an index page.   I'd also like to be
able to use a similar approach to generate the links for the the other tabs on the page, but
the xinclude doesn't seem to work there either.  I've turned off validation for the project,
as I saw suggested on one of last years threads, but the include doesn't seem to be processed.

Does someone have a working example document that they could share?

Here's the XML I've been using for the index.xml document.

BTW: the default DOCTYPE declaration doesn't resolve properly, hence the strange URL.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE document PUBLIC "-//APACHE//DTD Documentation V1.2//EN" "../../../../context/resources/schema/dtd/document-v12.dtd">
<document xmlns:xi="http:www.w3.org/2003/XInclude">
  <header>
    <title>Welcome to the LexGene Project Site</title>
  </header>

    	This site contains information about the LexGene project.  The <b>Documentation</b>
tab contains documentation for each of the
	LexGene releases, and the <b>Project Plan</b> tab contains project plans for
each release.

      <xi:include href="http://holodeck2.lexgen.com/xsql/project.xsql?project=LexUser"
parse="text"/>

</document>