forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Smith <googoodolls...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: configuring Catalog Entity Resolver with XML editors
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2004 11:18:34 GMT
 --- David Crossley <crossley@indexgeo.com.au> wrote: > There is a new
document at Forrest to provide tips for
> configuring the catalog entity resolver to find local
> copies of the DTDs.
>
> http://xml.apache.org/forrest/catalog.html
>
> Please provide any hints for configuration of your
> favourite XML editor or IDE. I will gather from the
> mail list and add them in.
>
> I have already added "system catalogs", xmllint, onsgmls,
> and jEdit.

Excellent.  FWIW, I added the nextcatalog tag to my system-wide catalog
as you suggested in a previous e-mail, and haven't looked back since :)

The only thing I can think of is that emacsen have their own variable
hidden away somewhere (I think) for xml-catalogs, but as I don't use
emacs that often I don't care.

This has certainly helped me out, I had been using forrest to validate
my docs, obviously a slower way of working than having them validated
in the editor :)

Thanks again

> --David

=====
Paul Smith
Postgraduate Student
Department of Mathematics
School of Engineering, Computer Science,
                            and Mathematics
University of Exeter