forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Smith <googoodolls...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal] add DTDs to Apache website
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2004 12:13:05 GMT
 --- Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicolaken@apache.org> wrote: > Juan Jose
Pablos wrote:
> > Paul,
> >
> > I think that the idea is this one:
> >

> > Source                Intermediate      output
> >
> > document|faq|howto -----> xhtml -----> html|pdf|wml|xhtml 1.0
> > wiki
> > xhtml ------------------> xhtml -----> html|pdf|wml|xhtml 1.0
> >

> > Please correct me if I am wrong...
>
> Correct... except that we will also deprecate documenDTD in favor of
> xhtml2 for source (and faq+howto will use xhtml2 inside also).

This worries me.  I find the ease of writing into document-v12.DTD a
very positive factor, and one of the main reasons I'm continuing to use
Forrest.  (I'm only just beginning on the path to XML enlightenment)

If you do decide to deprecate it, I will continue to use it anyway,
presumably I can do this by just keeping hold of the necessary DTD and
XSLT files...

=====
Paul Smith
Postgraduate Student
Department of Mathematics
School of Engineering, Computer Science,
                            and Mathematics
University of Exeter