forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Smith <googoodolls...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal] add DTDs to Apache website
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2004 11:03:47 GMT
> > Also, once we switch to XHTML2, will we be able to use the W3C's
> URI?
>
> Well, i am not sure what Forrest's plan is for XHTML2.
> I read on this list that we are not going to offer everything
> that XHTML2 allows. So maybe we still need "Forrest DTDs".
>
> --David

If I've been reading the whole XHTML discussion properly, XHTML is only
going to be used an an intermediate format.  Thus, it will still be
possible, (and if possible I will be doing so) to write documents
according to the (document|faq|howto)-v??.dtd, have Forrest transform
that into XHTML, and then into whatever output (PDF, various skins
etc.)

If that is the case, I'll still be needing to edit files with the
document-v12.dtd, so I still need to know how to add that to my
system's catalog.

=====
Paul Smith
Postgraduate Student
Department of Mathematics
School of Engineering, Computer Science,
                            and Mathematics
University of Exeter