forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: mail list config for forrest-dev
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2004 04:30:45 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> > Joerg Heinicke wrote to cocoon-dev:
> >> I'm not CCing Forrest as I'm not subscribed there and they don't
> >> moderate my mails through.
> >
> > I am a moderator and would let them through and add to the
> > allow list. However, i don't see any. Are they rather bouncing?
> >
> > I gather that forrest-dev is set to subscriber-only, but i expect
> > to get moderation messages. Inconsistent mail list configs at
> > Apache are so confusing.
>
> Nope - we got what we wanted. Remember that we were tired once
> moderating spam, and asked apmail to reconfigure. That's what we get
> with a subscribers-only list.

Drat, i forgot that it was set that way.

I wonder if, with our email obfuscation efforts with the Forrest
website, we might be getting less spam now. Should we try opening
it up? We should be encouraging cross-project discussion and not
let spam stifle that.

I still don't understand why we get so much spam. Doesn't the
mail system at Apache do spam filtering? Or do the moderation
messages bypass that.

--David