forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: [Proposal] add DTDs to Apache website
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2004 02:15:15 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> > Dave Brondsema wrote:

> >> The forrest docs and forrest seed site docs (and likely many other
> >> projects' docs) have doctype lines as follows:
> >>
> >> <!DOCTYPE document PUBLIC "-//APACHE//DTD Documentation V1.2//EN"
> >> "http://apache.org/forrest/dtd/document-v12.dtd">
> >>
> >> The url is apache.org, not xml.apache.org
> >
> > The Forrest project only has control of the xml.apache.org/forrest/
> > space. So it must be there. All material must be in a project's
> > website CVS and we do not have access to the top-level "site" CVS.
>
> put these two lines in a .htaccess file in site/forrest

<snip/>

Thanks for the suggestion. However there is still the issue
that we do not have a site/forrest/ directory and we do not
have access to the "site" CVS to manage the .htaccess file.

Can you, or someone else who has such powers, do it for us
when the time comes?

If we go ahead with the online DTDs proposal, then we should
still put the DTDs at xml.apache.org/forrest/dtd/ and use
the .htaccess trick to solve the problem of the incorrect
apache.org/forrest/ URLs.

> --
> Stefano, kind of worried that people don't know basic httpd skills

Er, no need for sarcasm. Many thanks for the contribution.

--David