forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: [Proposal] add DTDs to Apache website
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2004 23:38:22 GMT
Paul Smith wrote:
<snip/>

> There alwasy the possibility that users aren't using a Java tool for
> XML editing, and so can't use the .jar for editing.  For instance, on
> my Fedora Core 1 system, there is a /etc/xml/catalog file which is used
> by default by most non-java XML editors.
>
> Instructions on how to add the catalog supplied by Forrest to this
> system-wide catalog would be most welcome - the catalog comes as-is
> setup for Docbook, Scrollkeeper and XHTML.  If users had instructions
> on how to set up this catalog properly, that migt prevent some of the
> questions.
>
> Just an option to save your bandwidth :)

Good suggestion Paul. It sounds like we will have an explanatory doc
at Forrest, so we will add such a hint.

Add the following line to your /etc/xml/catalog
If your system uses XML Catalog, then use:
------
<nextCatalog
catalog="/usr/local/cvs/xml-forrest/src/core/context/resources/schema/catalog.xcat"/>
------
If your system uses the older TR 9401 Catalog, then use:
------
CATALOG
"/usr/local/cvs/xml-forrest/src/core/context/resources/schema/catalog"
------

--David