forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: Trying to ./build.sh on CVS HEAD
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2004 15:33:59 GMT
Quoting Marshall Roch <marshall@exclupen.com>:

> Dave Brondsema wrote:
> > Also do a "./build.sh clean" before a "./build.sh".  We've probably
> upgraded
> > some jar files and so you'll want to make sure the old ones get deleted
> from the
> > build directory.
>
> Is there ever a reason when you would *not* want to do a './build.sh
> clean' before './build.sh'?  It seems to me like I do it every time, and
> if you forget, you get problems, so why not just stick it in as a default?

"build clean" blows away the entire 'build' directory.  If you have run forrest
on itself, the forrest site in 'build/site' will be deleted too.  That's the
only case I can think of.

+1 to change default to clean.  It's simple safeguard against very weird errors.
 I can implement "build no-clean" if there is demand for it.

--
Dave Brondsema
dave@brondsema.net