forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: [Contribution] Openoffice support
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2004 07:00:13 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> As I think OpenOffice would be a good way editing (and reusing) files
> for documentations I started with the implementation of a pseudo
> protocol reading the content for ZIP files which is necessary to get the
> content of OpenOffice files:
> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/scratchpad/java/
> org/apache/cocoon/components/source/impl/ZipSourceFactory.java?view=mark
> up
>
> - I checked out the latest Forrest version and added support for sxw
> files:

You beauty!

<snip/>

> I'd like to contribute these additions to your project. The easiest way
> would be committing the new files and the changes into your CVS myself.
> As I'm not Forrest committer I don't go for it without your
> acknowledgement. Please let me know if this is okay for you.
> If you think that an official patch would be the way to go I can provide
> it of course (although this means more work on both sides ;-)
>
> Please let me know what you think!

You *are* a Forrest committer. All Cocoon committers are also
Forrest committers. Sure, it is good to discuss major additions
on forrest-dev beforehand.

There may be one issue. We started to add a docbook2xdoc
stylesheet a while ago. However it was only partial support,
which handled some elements and ignored others. The stylesheet
was not being further enhanced by the Forrest community so we
are discouraging its use and instead directing people via the
documentation to configure their sitemap to enable full DocBook
rendering.

This OpenOffice SXW sounds like a different situation. So it
should be okay, but if it does not gain a following then it may
need to be removed later.

So i am +0 (because i cannot help) for it to be added to CVS.

--David