forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Skin colors from skinfconf into CSS
Date Mon, 29 Dec 2003 17:34:54 GMT

Geez, it's taken directly from http://style.tigris.org/ V1.1 ...

> There are browser bugs that will keep IE/Mac and possibly a few others
> from parsing url()s correctly with different kinds of quotes or lack
> thereof.

Thanks, I'll do it.

>> With XSLT this is IMHO as easy as it gets. I could do a thing though.
>> I can make an xml version of it and xslt it into becoming like the
>> above xslt:
>
> <snipped XML example>
>
>> What do you think, should I use the plain XSLT (which seems simple
>> enough for me) or go with the simplified version?
>
> I prefer the XSLT version.  In fact, the XML version seems more
> confusing, because you have tags and character data to keep track of
> inside CSS, instead of just a tag.

Ok, I thought of it and let's start simple, with plain XSLT. In case, we
can add the simplified version later.

> Cool idea, though! :)

Thanks :-)

<OT>
With Ant buildfiles I have learned to program with templates, by
transforming configuration data with multiple xslts to create buildfiles.
It's very powerful once you get it, but not so easy on others that have
to maintain it ;-)
</OT>

             - verba volant, scripta manent -