forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Document-v20 class attribute
Date Sun, 28 Dec 2003 14:40:10 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:

> I am just looking over the Document-v20.dtd in order to add the class
> attribute to a wider range of elements. I just want to confirm the
> elements it should be added to, my suggestions are:
>
> Links (a, jump, fork)
> section
> source
> table (tr, td, th)
> Lists (ul, ol, li, dl, dt, dd)
> figure
> note
> warning
> fixme
> icon
>
> Any problems with this list (for my use case as discussed in the "role
> attribute" thread) I currently only need links and sections to have a
> class, however, I can imagine a need arising for the others over time.

Look at the xhtml2 documents, and add class attributes as they do.
IIRC we should put them everywhere.

In any case we should also decide to start moving nearer to xhtml2, and
this means for example to change

   <note></note>

I'm tabling this because as you can see adding a class attribute to
<note> could create problems when we switch to <p class="note">.

I suggest you to look in the archives for the threads about XHTML2,
where I made a detailed comparison between DTDs so you can see what to
change together with the class attribute thing.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -