forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Allow "role" attribute in document DTD
Date Sat, 27 Dec 2003 20:07:31 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> I think that a role attribute in many elements within the DTD would make
> sense. I therefore propose that we add it to the Document v2.0a DTD.

I had proposed to add the class attribute to every element in the DTD.
It was "turned down" because it was not deemed too semantical or because
  we would have gotten it with XHTML, no need to add it now. All this
IIRC and AFAIK.

In any case, you get my enthusiastic +1 to adding it to our doc DTD for
anything that goes in that direction, as long as it's also included in
the current XHTML2 spec, which is the one we will use.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -