forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: can i temporarily disable mail delivery from this list?
Date Wed, 24 Dec 2003 10:32:46 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:

> On Dec 22, 2003, at 12:33 PM, Jorg Heymans wrote:
>
>> Other mailinglists have like a settings page, but on the cocoon
>> website i could only find subscribe/unsubscribe. My mailbox is quite
>> limited :(
>

> Your only option is to unsubscribe. If you post as a non-subscriber
> (because you're reading the list through Gmane or the like), your
> message ends up in the moderation queue (i.e. Andrew and me), and
> we'll moderate you through (and add your email address to a list of
> 'known-good' posters for future posts).
>
> There's quite a few people apparently working in this mode, AFAIK.

I'm subscribed to many mailing-lists in "allow" mode, which means I can
freely post messages but do not receive them, as I read and post to
these lists through gmane.

To achieve this, use "[list-name]-allow-subscribe@..." instead of
"[list-name]-subscribe@...".

> Oh, also on the subject of mailing lists, here's some Christmas stats:

<snip/>

Do these stats also include "allow-subscribed" people ?

Sylvain