forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <>
Subject Re: Multiple tab.xml files
Date Tue, 23 Dec 2003 14:26:19 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
>>> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> <snip/>
>>> Instead of recreating a new file we can easily extend the current
>>> tabs.xml, and this *should* make it backward compatible:
> I have made this work in my skin. You can see a demo at
> The home page has only a single
> level of tabs, clicking on the "IB661 - MIS" tab will give you a second
> level of tabs
> (

Cool. Needs a bit of skin tweaking though, but it's nice to have this
extra functionality.

For example, I never decided how to use tabs on teh top, if to show
project resources like CVS, mailing lists, downloads, etc or more
semantical site sections. With subtabs it's much better.

> Shall I take the time to put this into the other skins? It could
> probably do with a little work on the display side of things but the
> basic functionality is there and it looks reasonable.
> NB it *is* backward compatible, so there is no-one is forced to use it.

Ok for me, send it in. If you could make it patch the krysalis-site skin
it would be swell, but also a simple dump of what you use should do.

I already have a place in the tigris-style skin waiting for it too. :-)

Nicola Ken Barozzi
             - verba volant, scripta manent -