forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: repositories
Date Sun, 21 Dec 2003 20:37:41 GMT
Dave Brondsema wrote:
> In
> http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=forrest-dev@xml.apache.org&msgNo=8929
> you suggested a property called 'forrest.extensions.descriptors'.  Do we want
> these descriptors to apply to more than just skins?  In light of the recent
> discussion of skins, I am inclined to keep skins descriptors seperate from dtd
> descriptors and any other descriptors we might have.

Are we talking about the same thing here? As "descriptor" I mean the XML
file that tells Forrest where to download extensions.

Currently it's like this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<skins>
   <skin name="testskin"
         author="Nicola Ken Barozzi"
         website="http://www.nicolaken.com"
         url="http://www.apache.org/~nicolaken/whiteboard/forrestskins/">
     <description>
       Based on the standard forrest-site skin.
       (Note: This is only a test skin, with trivial changes to
        demonstrate the concept.)
     </description>
   </skin>
   <skin name="testskin2"
         author="Nicola Ken Barozzi"
         website="http://www.nicolaken.com"
         url="http://www.apache.org/~nicolaken/whiteboard/forrestskins/">
     <description>
       Based on the standard forrest-site skin.
       (Note: This is only a test skin, with trivial changes to demonstrate
       the concept.)
     </description>
   </skin>
</skins>

I was thinking of changing it to:

<forrest-extensions>
   <extension type="skin"
              name="testskin"
              author="Nicola Ken Barozzi"
              website="http://www.nicolaken.com"
         url="http://www.apache.org/~nicolaken/whiteboard/forrestskins/">
     <description>
       Based on the standard forrest-site skin.
       (Note: This is only a test skin, with trivial changes to
        demonstrate the concept.)
     </description>
   </extension >
   <extension type="dtd"