forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Custom document types
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2003 17:15:50 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> David, Nicola, thanks for your answers. Because of some (paid) work I've
> had to change the some priorities in my todo-list. But as soon as I've
> some time I'll look into Forrest deeper and try to come up with a
> solution.

I would really like to work on it in these winter vacations, I really I
hope I can.

> Btw, what do you mean with fetch-dtd tool? How does it work?

If you look in Forrest now, in particular in the forrest build file in
the distro (the one that drives forrest), you will find that the system
downloads skins from a repository if they are not on disk.

The idea is to do the same with DTDs, with the extra chore of having to
register them for the resolver. It should not be hard, and David called
this "fetch-dtd tool".

In the near future we'll maybe switch to using Ruper for this, but for
the moment the current system is good enough (adding of course Dave's
suggestion of a repository override mechanism for local repositories).

             - verba volant, scripta manent -