forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Custom document types
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2003 10:07:01 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> After reading
> http://xml.apache.org/forrest/your-project.html#integrating_rss I've got
> the impression that I have to "patch" my the Forrest distribution if I
> want to add my custom document types. Isn't there any better way to add
> support for my doc types based on my custom DTD? (I'm thinking of the
> mount-table matcher written by Sylvain)

Yes, there are things in the works.

One is to make it possible to have DTD packages to install
automatically. The idea is that for a new document format we need a DTD
and a stylesheet to transform to XDOC.

The other is to have a sourcemap that specifies where to find the sources.

Finally, if the above two are not sufficient, we will see to add
sitemaps like that matcher does.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -