forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] custom skin in multiple projects
Date Fri, 12 Dec 2003 09:57:39 GMT
Dave Brondsema wrote:

> With my work on forrestbot and the current discussion of custom skins I
> realized I will want to use one custom skin for many projects.  I don't
> think it's fitting to put it in the Forrest package, nor to put it in all
> the projects' src directories.

I'd like to remove the possibility of using the src dir to add skins, as
it does not favor reuse. That's why I added the auto download of skin
packages.

> I'd like to be able to have an external location (any specified directory)
> that forrest will look for skins.  Is this a good idea?

The fetch-skins system is done exactly for this task.

What happens is that the skins are packaged in a zip, referenced in a
descriptor on the forrest site and auto downloaded in the currently
installed Forrest when needed.

What you need to do to use it is explained briefly here:

   http://xml.apache.org/forrest/skin-package.html

             - verba volant, scripta manent -