forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: wiki syntax support
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2003 09:35:42 GMT
Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de wrote:

> I´m not familiar with the latest wiki support.
> But if I remember right, the Apache WIKI should be supported.

The current syntax is based on the JSPWiki Cocoon uses.

> And I have seen that several wikis uses different notations ...

Unfortunately you are correct on this.

> But Forrest uses the chaperon parser [1] for reading not-xml files (I
>  think). That is based on grammar files. So support for other wikis
> should be possible, if that file is modified.

Exactly.

> Maybe in future Forrest can be configured which wiki format to use ...

It can be done now.

We have

   .cwiki - JSPWiki format

IMHO we should also have a couple more syntaxes:

*.mwiki - MoinMoin (used in http://wiki.apache.org/)
*.ewiki - Email Wiki (using the format that is used in email
                       messages, like *strong*, _underlined_, etc)

If someone wants to tackle it, I'll be happy to add it to Forrest.

Suggestion: just change the cwiki grammar to the new format, and when
it's ok, send it here. I'll take care in doing the other changes needed,
like different extension supportl.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -