forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Unico Hommes" <Un...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: apache newsletter
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2003 15:50:46 GMT

Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Unico Hommes wrote:
>
> >>Could someone provide a short description of the LocationMapModule?
> >
> > OK, I will do it later. Btw is it used in Forrest anywhere ATM?
>
> Not yet. I am still struggling to find time to finish the
> last changes to reduce copying and property cleanup.
>
> I plan to release Forrest before Christmas, and start right
> after that to do the switch to using the locationmap and the
> new property system, so your docs will be most appreciated,
> especially about the usage of the part after the '{lm:'  :-)

OK, but the the newletter entry shouldn't be that detailed should it? I
don't mind with writing documentation for it but seeing the other
entries in the newsletter I am wondering just how long a description it
should be.

> Just one note: I'll need to have a "cascading" locationmap,
> that is that if the first one doesn't match, the second one
> will. I havn't looked at it yet, so it may be already possible.

Maybe with a chain meta module?

chain meta module:
- lm module with locationmap file $USER_HOME/lm.xml
- lm module with locationmap file $FORREST_HOME/lm.xml

Unico