forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@wkwyw.net>
Subject Re: Subtabs in CVS - comments and suggestions
Date Mon, 29 Dec 2003 17:28:53 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> 1 - the 'selected' subtab doesn't seem to be recognized: what did I
>     do wrong?

I assume you mean in the tigris and forrest styles, since it works OK
for me on the Krysalis one.

The problem with the tigris style is in tab2menu.xsl. The templates
level2-selected and level2-not-selected are not assigning a class of
level2 to the tabs.

In the original patch for forrest site, I used the graphical
representation of the tab for the second level, this gave the colouring.
However, it has been applied to provide just a textual representation as
my original patch to krysalis does.

What you need to do if you want a graphical representation is provide a
class for the tab so the css sourts out the color for us. Look at the
same templates in the krysalis skin and you'll get the idea.

> 2 - Probably (and contrary to my original suggestion) the DTD is best
> like this
>
>      <tabs>
>       <tab>
>        <subtab>
>
> In fact ATM since a tab can contain a tab, I have to use (tab)*, which
> does not block nesting levels, while we want a single sublevel

I have an minor itch that may get scratched which will see me providing
drop down menus to display multiple levels of sub tabs. However, I have
no idea how long this will be before I tackle it (low on the list).

There's no reason why I can't do the same thing with nested subtabs (or
something else), so go ahead if you like.

> 3 - I'd thus change the style name of second level tabs to 'subtab'

+1, regardless of whether you do 2 or not. I knew there was something
wrong with "level2tab", it's that pesky number in there, bound to be a
limitation at some point.

Ross