forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Roch <marsh...@exclupen.com>
Subject Re: Skin colors from skinfconf into CSS
Date Mon, 29 Dec 2003 16:23:21 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> #cn {
>     background-image: url(../<xsl:value-of select="group-logo"/>);
>     display: block;
>     height: 17px;
>     width: 138px;
> }
<snipped>

Can you do something like this (note the quotes)?

background-image: url("../<xsl:value-of select="group-logo"/>");

or

background-image: url('../<xsl:value-of select="group-logo"/>');

There are browser bugs that will keep IE/Mac and possibly a few others
from parsing url()s correctly with different kinds of quotes or lack
thereof.

> With XSLT this is IMHO as easy as it gets. I could do a thing though. I
> can make an xml version of it and xslt it into becoming like the above
> xslt:

<snipped XML example>

> What do you think, should I use the plain XSLT (which seems simple
> enough for me) or go with the simplified version?

I prefer the XSLT version.  In fact, the XML version seems more
confusing, because you have tags and character data to keep track of
inside CSS, instead of just a tag.

Cool idea, though! :)

--
Marshall Roch