forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: Forrestbot2 webapp
Date Sun, 28 Dec 2003 07:43:56 GMT
Dave Brondsema wrote:

>Quoting Marshall Roch <marshall@exclupen.com>:
>

>>Is there a webapp that works with forrestbot2?  There is a webapp/
>>directory in the scratchpad, but not enough documentation for me to
>>figure out how to make it work, or even to know if it will work with
>>forrestbot2.
>>
>>--
>>Marshall Roch
>>

>The webapp mostly works, but only from a monitoring standpoint.  Edit
>WEB-INF/config.properties and user.properties to configure it.  I am working on
>some changes to it though.
>
>I haven't worked on the scripts, yet.  These are in the scripts/ directory and
>listen to a command file (updated by the webapp) to actually run forrestbot.
>Currently they are just a copy of the old scripts.  I'm pondering a
>cross-platform way to implement these.  Perhaps the webapp should just run
>forrest directly.

In the Cocoon scratchpad (I believe), there's an AntBuildGenerator, or
some such. I've never used it, but imagine I may at some point. That way
you could build an Ant build directly into a Cocoon webapp - assuming
that timeouts aren't a problem, and that the generator provides enough
feedback as the process runs. I've never tried it myself though.

Regards, Upayavira