forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Johan Kok <j...@messianic.dyndns.org>
Subject Re: Allow "role" attribute in document DTD
Date Sat, 27 Dec 2003 06:06:18 GMT
Support the idea or roles +1, we have the following scenario:

A number of authors are developing various parts of  the document (or
let's say 'books'). These are inter-disciplinary people covering
medical, forensics and the law. The following publishing rules exist:

Public:
Online on the web: Anybody can browse the content, page by page.
PDF files can be viewed, but are protected and cannot be saved and the
content not copied

Private (members):
Have access to a published version of the documents and free use of
content, including an uinprotected version of PDF files

Authors:

Currently all authors have full access  to the document. I may change
towards a contribution based access or a membership class difference.

Authors exist in several levels:
    1. Editor in charge (overall)   -
             Verify
    1.1 Editor in charge (section, sub-section, sub-sub-section - can go
down interatively)
    1.2 Associate section authors - specific subsections allocated or
selected (depending on the Section Editor's choice)
             Check subsections in and out - we're looking at something
like CVS to control this in the mean-time.

Contributions are logged against any contributer (potential future
royalty basis).

We are currently publishing on seperate web-sites with different
configurations and access controls.