forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Roch <marsh...@exclupen.com>
Subject Site launch
Date Thu, 25 Dec 2003 07:16:31 GMT
Hi all, and merry Christmas to those celebrating it today!

I've just moved the Forrest-powered redesign of my school's website to
the production server.

http://whs.winnacunnet.k12.nh.us

I just wanted to thank everyone who contributed to the development of
Forrest for a job very well done.  This is, by far, the best experience
I've had with a content management system so far.  I can't wait to see
the improvements by the time Forrest reaches 1.0!

As for the skin, there are quite a few project-specific things, such as
navigation (needs book.xml in every dir), but I will release the source
in the morning or on Friday so it can be cleaned up (either by myself or
someone else) and contributed.

If you click the "(c)" in the page footer, it will bring up Mozilla
Doctor, a web-based CVS editor used for mozilla.org's "Edit this Page"
links.  Forrestbot will then rebuild the page every couple of hours.
I'm sure it would even be possible to have Doctor trigger Forrestbot on
every commit.  Doctor is buried in Mozilla CVS somewhere, but if anyone
is interested, I will dig it out.

Thanks again, everybody! :)

--
Marshall Roch