forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@wkwyw.net>
Subject Re: Multiple tab.xml files
Date Tue, 23 Dec 2003 14:09:54 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
>> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

<snip/>

>> Instead of recreating a new file we can easily extend the current
>> tabs.xml, and this *should* make it backward compatible:
>>
>> <tabs software="Forrest"
>>     title="Apache Forrest"
>>     copyright="2002-2003 The Apache Foundation"
>>     xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink">
>>
>>     <tab id="home" label="Home" dir="">
>>       <tab id="a" label="A" dir="a"/>
>>     </tab>
>>     <tab id="community" label="Community" dir="community"/>
>>     <tab id="howto" label="How-to" dir="community/howto">
>>       <tab id="b" label="B" dir="b"/>
>>     </tab>
>>
>>  </tabs>
>>
>> As long as we are able to filter //tab/tab elements, also old skins
>> should work, and the new ones can use subtabs.

I have made this work in my skin. You can see a demo at
http://courses.gardler.org/testing. The home page has only a single
level of tabs, clicking on the "IB661 - MIS" tab will give you a second
level of tabs
(http://courses.gardler.org:8080/testing/courses/MIS/index.html).

Shall I take the time to put this into the other skins? It could
probably do with a little work on the display side of things but the
basic functionality is there and it looks reasonable.

NB it *is* backward compatible, so there is no-one is forced to use it.

Ross