forrest-dev mailing list archives

From jjdscss <jjds...@fastmail.fm>
Subject Exception in fresh install of forrest 0.5.1
Date Tue, 23 Dec 2003 04:05:48 GMT
Am using Redhat 9.0. I just untarred a binary of forrest 0.5.1 and
adjusted the environment variables FORREST_HOME, JAVA_HOME and PATH
accordingly. I created a new directory and ran forrest seed
successfully. But when I ran forrest, it created the document tree
partially but hanged after the directory listings.

* [0]   0.039s 2.3Kb   samples/subdir/index.pdf
* [0]   0.0030s 766b    /favicon.ico
* [0]   0.015s 1.1Kb   images/add.jpg
* [0]   2.585s 0b      images/project.png
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.InternalError: Can't connect to X11
window server using ':0.0' as the value of the DISPLAY variable.
        at
org.apache.cocoon.bean.CocoonWrapper.getPage(CocoonWrapper.java:535)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.bean.CocoonBean.processTarget(CocoonBean.java:521)
        at org.apache.cocoon.bean.CocoonBean.process(CocoonBean.java:372)
        at org.apache.cocoon.Main.main(Main.java:401)

Does forrest require X to be running? or is there a way to disable the
dependency so that it won't hang?