forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: Document last modified
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2003 10:21:24 GMT
Juan Jose Pablos wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think that is a bit more complex  than that.
>
> we can not relay on the last time a document content change, because:
>
> 1) ¿What about if the skin change?
>
> 2) ¿What about if the tabs/menu/ change?
>
> In both cases the page must be regenerate

No, no, you miss what it does. It checks the final generated page, not
the source doc. So if you change a skin, then the page has changed and
will be regenerated. So there's no problem with it.

> Would not be easier if we use rsync to do the md5 comparasion for us?

Could. But the code is already written, and what if you're running on
the box that is also serving the pages?

Upayavira