forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Koberg <...@koberg.com>
Subject Re: overriding part of a skin
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2003 22:50:38 GMT
Hi David,

David Crossley wrote:

> Robert Koberg wrote:
>
>>Dave Brondsema wrote:
>>

>>>I don't think we should require common to be present in the
>>>src directory. Can the custom skins do something like:
>>>
>>><xsl:import
>>>href="concat($forrest-skins-dir,'/common/xslt/html/document2html.xsl"/>
>>
>>No (XSL cannot do this), but you could do something like:
>>
>><xsl:import href="document2html"/>
>>
>>and use the catalog resolver to identify what should be imported.
>

> Good idea Robert. I have always wanted to try using the
> Catalog Entity Resolver for other tasks.
>
> Do you have an example of how to implement it?

If we are talking about Ant's xmlcatalog (as opposed to the xml-common's
catalog resolver, right?), then something like this would do it:
<xmlcatalog id="myForrestCatalog">
   <entity publicId="document2html"
     location="${my.forrest.xsl}/document2html.xsl"/>
   <entity publicId="whatever"
     location="${my.forrest.xsl}/foo.xsl"/>
   <entity publicId="configXml"
     location="${my.forrest.config}/boo.xml"/>
</xmlcatalog>

then use your xslt task like so:
<xslt ...>
    <xmlcatalog refid="myForrestCatalog"/>
</xslt>

It would be somewhat similar if not using ant for transforms and using
the standard xml-commons catalog resolver (I will provide an example if
needed). I have not been following forrest too closely as the site.xml,
so if this does not work just say so.

best,
-Rob