forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Roch <>
Subject Re: 'building forrest' documentation move?
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2003 00:12:34 GMT
Dave Brondsema wrote:
> The "Using Forrest" page describes the primary way of getting forrest to be via
> CVS.

You must've read my mind... I was just about to complain about this. :)

> Unless anyone objects, I'm going to move the "Getting the Forrest source"
> and "Building and Installing Forrest" sections into the "Contributing" page.  I
> will replace those sections with a short description of installing the latest
> release.

What is wrong with the Building and Installing Forrest section?  Aside
from having a bunch of Ant lingo (targets) in there that you don't need
to understand to use it, it seems pretty good to me.

Also, "Getting Started" or "Quick Start" might be a better name than
"Using Forrest."  It details how to set everything up and create your
first site, and "Using Forrest" really could include all of the other
docs too.

Marshall Roch

View raw message