forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Roch <marsh...@exclupen.com>
Subject Re: 'building forrest' documentation move?
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2003 00:12:34 GMT
Dave Brondsema wrote:
> The "Using Forrest" page describes the primary way of getting forrest to be via
> CVS.

You must've read my mind... I was just about to complain about this. :)

> Unless anyone objects, I'm going to move the "Getting the Forrest source"
> and "Building and Installing Forrest" sections into the "Contributing" page.  I
> will replace those sections with a short description of installing the latest
> release.

What is wrong with the Building and Installing Forrest section?  Aside
from having a bunch of Ant lingo (targets) in there that you don't need
to understand to use it, it seems pretty good to me.

Also, "Getting Started" or "Quick Start" might be a better name than
"Using Forrest."  It details how to set everything up and create your
first site, and "Using Forrest" really could include all of the other
docs too.

--
Marshall Roch