forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@wkwyw.net>
Subject Re: 'forrest run' doesn't copy stylesheets
Date Sun, 07 Dec 2003 15:25:10 GMT
Marshall Roch wrote:
> {project_home}/src/documentation/resources/(grammars|schema|stylesheets)
> {project_home}/src/documentation/skins/(common|myskin)
>
> I had to copy the "common" skin over too, otherwise it got errors trying
> to import.

Yes that is because of relative imports in your custom skin. This is
documented in CVS (but not on the site yet).

> 21:32:19.151 EVENT  ERROR   (2003-12-06) 21:32.19:141   [access  ]
> (/activities/academic.html) PoolThread-4/CocoonServlet: Internal Cocoon
> Problem
> org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to execute pipeline.:
> org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Unable to get transformer handler
> for resources/stylesheets/activities2document.xsl:

It should be looking in $project.home/$project.skins-dir but appears to
only be looking in $project.skins-dir. It would appear that you do not
have a fully updated version of forrest from CVS. Try running "cvs
update -dP" and rebuilding forrest with "./build.sh"

Then try "forrest run" again..

> Also, editing stylesheets on-the-fly does not work while running Forrest
> as a webapp on my machine either.  I have to edit them in build/ and
> copy them back manually

Another symptom of the above.

> (backcopy seems to be missing, even though it's
> still in the manual).

Yes backcopy has been removed in CVS head because of the ability to edit
in src. It's still in the head because the published manual should refer
to 0.5 which was the last release. The manual does need updating in CVS
though, where in the manual does it appear?

Ross