forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@wkwyw.net>
Subject Re: Enabling src editing *AND* deployable WARs
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2003 00:34:00 GMT
Dave Brondsema wrote:
> Quoting Ross Gardler <rgardler@wkwyw.net>:
>

>>I have identified a solution to the problem of being unable to deploy
>>war files
>>(http://issues.cocoondev.org/jira/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=FOR-89)
>>
>>However, there is a problem with the solution on Windows platforms..
>>

>>In order to create the symlinks I use the <symlink...> task of ANT 1.6
>>beta (the one included in Forrest). However, this task only works on
>>platforms where "ln -s" is a valid command. That is, it won't work on
>>Windows.(unless you have Cygwin)
>>

> It might be better to not use symlinks to solve this problem since there is no
> good equivalent in windows.  I don't know the details of your fix (or the
> original problem even), but maybe using a new property or condition could work
> instead.

OK, symlinks are a bad idea. Your suggestion of a property is a no go -
in fact it is a property that is causing the problem. However...

The problem is that there are some tokens in cocoon.xconf that are set
to have the project.home directory value. So we need to change the way
these are filtered.

If we create a separate webapp target for the "forrest war" target this
can copy the content and skins into the webapp directory and filter
cocoon.xconf accordingly. The webapp target for "forrest run" can remain
the same.

Anyone see any problems with this?

Ross