forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Roch <marsh...@exclupen.com>
Subject Re: Calendaring
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2003 02:35:57 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Well, Chaperon was going to be my suggestion, but you beat me to it.
> There is an example at 'forrest seed site' and there are other examples
> at the Cocoon Samples (you need a local Cocoon to see them). There
> is of course the Chaperon.sf.net website for further info.

I'll check them out, thanks. :)

> There may be another possibility: Cocoon also has the SLOP parser -
> Simple Line-Oriented Parser. However, i cannot see the ical examples
> that you referenced - they may be too complex for SLOP.

Here's a sample from the SAT calendar that I imported into Mozilla
Calendar and then exported again.

It uses "line folding," where a line can be broken up as long as there
is a space as the first character of the split line (see UID, SUMMARY,
and DESCRIPTION below).

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
VERSION:2.0
PRODID:-//Mozilla.org/NONSGML Mozilla Calendar V1.0//EN
METHOD:PUBLISH
BEGIN:VEVENT
UID
  :9363BE64-E919-11D7-AF7F-000A27E16A94
SUMMARY
  :SAT I&II
DESCRIPTION
  :Deadlines:\nUS Regular:  Oct. 30\, 2003\nUS Late:  Nov. 12\, 2003\nIntl
   Early: Oct. 8\, 2003\nIntl Regular: Oct. 30\, 2003\n\nGo to
  URL for specific details on application deadlines and test
administration\n
  \n\n\n
URL:http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/sat/calenfees.html
CLASS:PUBLIC
X-MOZILLA-RECUR-DEFAULT-INTERVAL:0
DTSTART;VALUE=DATE:20031206
DTEND;VALUE=DATE:20031207
DTSTAMP:20030917T141559Z
END:VEVENT
END:VCALENDAR

Let me know which parser you think is better suited for the job.

Thanks!

--
Marshall Roch