forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Roch <marsh...@exclupen.com>
Subject Automated upgrade?
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2003 06:21:04 GMT
Hi,

The site I'm currently building will be maintained by people who barely
know HTML.  I worry that they will not be capable of upgrading Forrest
after I leave.

Would it be possible to create an automated upgrade feature so that all
someone would need to do is run a command like "forrest upgrade," which
would download and install the latest stable version?

I come from PEAR (http://pear.php.net), so I know there will be issues
as far as backwards-compatibility breakage is concerned, so maybe this
feature would only be useful after everything stabilizes around 1.0.

I will open a feature request if people are interested.

--
Marshall Roch