forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: Forrestbot2 webapp
Date Sun, 28 Dec 2003 16:03:46 GMT
Quoting Ross Gardler <rgardler@wkwyw.net>:

> Dave Brondsema wrote:
> > The webapp mostly works, but only from a monitoring standpoint.  Edit
> > WEB-INF/config.properties and user.properties to configure it.  I am
> working on
> > some changes to it though.
>
> There is a patch attached to
> http://issues.cocoondev.org/jira/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=FOR-89 that
> creates a deployable war, this whould work with the forrestbot but I
> have not tested it.
>
> As soon as I get the necessary accss to CVS I'll apply the patch, but in
> the meantime you can apply it to your local version. Let me know if
> there are any problems with it.
>
> Ross

I'm going to be gone for a week; I'll look into it when I get back.

This is related to a problem I've been thinking about for a while.  At
forrestbot.cocoondev.org you can see that the sites and logs are accessible as
part of the webapp so presumably forrestbot builds the sites into subdirectores
of the forrestbot exploded war.

To view sites, either this must be done or webapps must be set up so that the
sites and logs are accessible somehow in the URL.  e.g.

http://domain/forrestbot/logs/mysite.txt is part of the /forrestbot webapp
OR
http://domain/forrestbot-logs/mysite.txt is it's own /forrestbot-logs webapp

The advantage of the first is that users don't have to set up a webapp for logs
and a webapp for sites.  The disadvantage is that forrestbot has to generate all
it's files into the webapp directory.  This is quite unnatural, especially if
you aren't going use the webapp.

--
Dave Brondsema
dave@brondsema.net