forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: Documentv20 --> XHTML
Date Sun, 28 Dec 2003 15:42:55 GMT
Quoting Ross Gardler <rgardler@wkwyw.net>:

> I've been trawling the list regarding the proposed move to XHTML. Here's
> what I discovered:

I want to make sure this is clear for myself and others.  Please correct me if
I'm wrong.

A specific subset of XHTML2 will be used, not XHTML2 in it's entirety.  The
suggested document format will use this subset (instead of doc-v20 or doc-v12).
But the main advantage of XHTML2 will be in using it as an intermediate format
and doc-v12, simplified docbook, etc can still be used as source documents.

> h is not equivalent to title

Why not use the title attribute of <section>?  Section supports it, and it makes
sense semantically.

--
Dave Brondsema
dave@brondsema.net