forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: repositories (was: Custom document types)
Date Sat, 20 Dec 2003 22:17:39 GMT
Quoting Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicolaken@apache.org>:

> > Btw, what do you mean with fetch-dtd tool? How does it work?
>
> If you look in Forrest now, in particular in the forrest build file in
> the distro (the one that drives forrest), you will find that the system
> downloads skins from a repository if they are not on disk.
>
> The idea is to do the same with DTDs, with the extra chore of having to
> register them for the resolver. It should not be hard, and David called
> this "fetch-dtd tool".
>
> In the near future we'll maybe switch to using Ruper for this, but for
> the moment the current system is good enough (adding of course Dave's
> suggestion of a repository override mechanism for local repositories).

In
http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=forrest-dev@xml.apache.org&msgNo=8929
you suggested a property called 'forrest.extensions.descriptors'.  Do we want
these descriptors to apply to more than just skins?  In light of the recent
discussion of skins, I am inclined to keep skins descriptors seperate from dtd
descriptors and any other descriptors we might have.

--
Dave Brondsema
dave@brondsema.net