forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: Document last modified
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2003 04:03:17 GMT
Marshall Roch wrote:
> I finally got forrestbot2 working (so cool!),

Excellent news.

> so I will probably set it
> up to rebuild the site every 6 to 12 hours.  This will mean that the
> last modified time in the HTTP headers and at the bottom of the HTML
> will always be within 6 hours.
>
> I'd like to have a <last-modified /> tag in the header of my xdocs (or
> something functionally equivalent), which could contain the CVS Date
> tag, or a manually-updated date for people not using CVS.  This should
> all be server-side so as to not rely on Javascript or the users'
> system's date.

The document-v12 DTD has an optional <version> tag in the header,
which might be used for this purpose. See xdocs/linking.xml
for one example (except that you want the CVS $Date$).
It is rendered at the bottom-right.

I hope that someone else will help with the rest of your issue.

BTW, i get a Timeout from your development site below.

--David